- Can I get a Visa on arrival at an Azerbaijan airport?
Ans- NO, you need to obtain a visa to Azerbaijan before you board a flight to Azerbaijan.
- What is the time taken to obtain Azerbaijan Visa?
Ans– It takes anywhere between 10 -12 business days to get a Azerbaijan Visa. In some cases, Consulate/Embassy officials may take additional time from a case to case basis; which is purely their discretion. This does not include the time taken for mail.
- Is there a faster(expedited) way to obtain a Azerbaijan Visa?
Ans– Yes, We do provide Rush service. Please do mention your requirement at the time of submission of your application to us.
- Do I need to appear in person to submit my Visa application to Embassy/Consulate of Azerbaijan?
Ans– No, You do not need to submit your application in person. Traversal Visa will submit your application on your behalf. In certain rare cases however, Consular officers from the embassy/consulate may ask you to appear for an interview.
- How many days I am allowed to stay in Azerbaijan in one trip?
Ans– You can stay in Azerbaijan for a maximum of 30 days on a Single Entry Visa in Azerbaijan. On a 12 month visa, Number of entries to Azerbaijan during the allowed and duration differs from a case to case basis, and purely on the discretion of the consular officials.
- I am planning to visit Azerbaijan to visit my friends/relatives. Which Visa should I apply for?
Ans- In this case, you need to apply for a Private Visa. Please see the detailed requirements for a Private Visa . Please see detailed requirements in the “Private Visa” section.
- What is the validity period of my Visa?
Ans– Your visa is valid from the date of Issue as mentioned on the Visa sticker; and not from the date of entry into Azerbaijan.
- Is it possible to extend my Visa while I am in Azerbaijan?
Ans- Yes, as long as you apply for extension at the at the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Address: 4 Shikhali Gurbanov Street, Baku AZ 1009, Republic of Azerbaijan) before the expiry of your duration of stay. You MUST leave Azerbaijan within 48 hours of your expiry of allowed duration of stay in Azerbaijan.
- Do minor children(less than 18 years) need a Visa to go to Azerbaijan?
Ans– Every applicant, irrespective of age is required to obtain a Visa before departure to Azerbaijan.
- I am not a US passport Holder, can I still apply for a Azerbaijan Visa in the US?
Ans– You can only apply for a Azerbaijan Visa from US if you a legal resident of US; US passport Holder, Green Card holder, Long term resident visa like L1. You are not allowed to apply for a Azerbaijan Visa in US if you visiting US on a short term visit(B1/B2).
- Do I need to register my Visa after arriving in Azerbaijan?
Ans- If your stay in Azerbaijan is going to be less than 10 days you do not need to register your visa. However, if your planned stay is going to be longer than 10 days,you MUST register your Visa with the Azerbaijann Authorities at the State Migration Service within the first 9 days of arriving in Azerbaijan.
- I have heard from some of my friends that they got a visa for a lesser duration than what they had applied for?
Ans– In most of the cases, visas are issued for the duration for what you have applied for . However, in certain cases the consular officials at their discretion may issue a visa for a shorter duration. This is however a exception rather than a rule.
- Is there a refund of visa fee if I decide to withdraw my application?
Ans– Visa Fee, if already paid to the Embassy/Consulate is not refundable. However, if you decide to withdraw your application before it is submitted to the Embassy/Consulate; you will get the refund of the full fees. There is no refund if Embassy/Consulate has rejected your Visa application.
- What are the acceptable modes of payment acceptable by Traversal Visa?
Ans– At this point, you can make payment directly into our bank account through wire transfer, or you can pay by cash or money order. Personal checks and Company checks are not acceptable. You can make one single(consolidated) payment if you are applying for more than one individual.
- Do I need a Travel Insurance while visiting Azerbaijan?
Ans– For US passport holders, It is not mandatory to have Travel insurance while traveling to Azerbaijan. However, it is always advisable to obtain one to take care of any unforeseen medical expenses. Do mention your requirement at the time of your visa application. It doesn’t cost a fortune; but can definitely save a dent in your fortune.