Applying for Brazil Tourist Visa
Applicant’s for Brazil require a tourist visa to enter the country and that a Brazil tourist visa is available for a shorter duration, where the visitor is allowed to stay in the country for up to a period of 90 days per year.
Applicant Receives Tourist Visa for the following;
- Sightseeing, Vacationing
- Sports Competitions
- Art Contests
- Seafarers’ Family joining ship
- Cruise Travelers
- Rotary Exchange for a shorter period
This Visa gets activated from the visitors first date of entry to Brazil.
General Requirements of Tourist Visa
<h4Applicant’s Original Passport with
- Validity having at least another 6 months from the date of submitting the application
- Having blank visa pages (at least 2 for visa stamp)
- The Consulate will not accept any damaged, soiled or defaced passports
Online Visa Application Form successfully completed, and submitting its printed receipt page that is duly signed by the passport holder with an attached photo placed on the mentioned area. Visit the Visa application form here https://formulario-mre.serpro.gov.br/sci/pages/web/pacomPasesWebInicial.jsf, with paying special attention to every guideline and details first.
Other Tourist Visa Requirements include
- Applicants Bank statement for the previous 3 months
- Providing a financial statement or proof supporting the applicant stay in Brazil financially (at least USD 100 i.e. INR 6,714.50 per day)
- An International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever is also required from the applicants, if they have travelled to the following Yellow Fever Countries within the last 90 days before they travel to Brazil;
Angola, Benin, Bissau Guinea, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guiana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Surinam, Tanzania, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda or Venezuela
- Also advisable is that the Yellow Fever Immunization International Certificate is needed, if applicants are visiting the following Brazilian States: Acre, Amapa, Amazonas, Federal District, Goias, Maranhao, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Pará, Rondonia, Roraima, Tocantins
Passport Size Color Photograph of the applicant with dimensions having 2″ x 2″. Other photo requirements include;
- That they should not be older than six months
- Showing a clear frontal view of the applicants face in the center of the photo having no shadow
- Photo must be taken in front of a plain white background
- Applicant’s neutral(no smiling)facial expression must appear showing both eyes opened without wearing any eye glasses
- No snapshots, photocopies or computer pictures will be accepted
Travel Itinerary includes applicant’s copy of their round trip ticket, other reservations or the letter provided from the travel agent under applicant’s name having complete details, arrival and departure dates, flight number and reservation code of the airline company.
Following Notarized documents are required to be submitted from minors under the age of 18;
- Notarized letter stating consent from both parents or legal guardian
- Minor’s birth certificate
- Both parent’s photo IDs
- If minor has legal guardians, then guardians must submit notarized legal proof of their guardianship
Athletes/Art Contest Participants apart from the said requirements must have an invitation letter signed by the organizers of the event, mentioning specific information like date, time, location, activities to be undertaken, prize money or any monetary benefits the participants will receive and taking responsibility for the return of the participants back to their respective country.
Sea Farers Family does require submitting the following documents;
- Letter from the shipping company
- Husbands passport copy
- Husband’s CDC copy having validity page
The Embassy does not provide any kind of information regarding visa status, so for querying the visa status by self kindly visit here https://scedv.serpro.gov.br/frscedv/consultarVisto.do?lang=eng
The Application Status will display the following listed;
- Received_ Visa application has been received
- Processing_ Visa application is under process by the Consular Authority
- Authorized_ Visa is authorized and ready to be printed
- Ready to be Collected_ Applicants visa is issued and the passport can be collected on any working day at the visa counter of the Brazilian Embassy
Brazil Tourist Visa Fees
- Brazil tourist visa fee varies as per the applicants’ nationality.
- Brazil tourist visa fees for Indian nationals_ USD 20 (INR 1342.90)
NOTE – Application fee is not refundable, even if the applicants’ visa form gets rejected or refused. The conversion rates according to Indian currency are based on the current rate, which may vary. Visa application fees are subject to change and varied any time.
ALSO NOTE – The visa will expire after the non entrance of the applicant in Brazil within NINETY (90) days from the issuance of visa, so kindly only apply for the visa not earlier than 3 months before your intended trip to Brazil,so that enough time is left for the application procedure to be completed.
Renewing Brazil Tourist Visa
- If the applicants require staying for a longer duration in Brazil other than the specified granted time in their visa, then they would have to apply for an extension
- An extension of the original 90 days (standard tourist visa) may be granted by the Federal Police Department in Brazil, not exceeding the total of 180 days per year, unless otherwise mentioned
- Also, extending the Brazil tourist visa is granted only once
Following Dos and Don’ts for Brazil Tourist Visa
- Carefully fill up the application form with all accurate details
- While coming to the Brazilian Embassy for submitting the visa application, bring all the original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents
- Do have the additional documents if the officers at the Brazil Consulate ask them to show
- No illegal or false information should be represented on applying for a visa
- No misrepresentation or hiding of the facts on the part of the applicants should appear, as this may hamper the applicants future chance to apply for any Brazilian visa