Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Can I get a Visa on arrival at an China airport?

Ans- NO, you need to obtain a visa to China before you board a flight to China. You are not eligible for a landing Visa. US Citizens do not require a Visa to visit Macau and Hong Kong.

  1. What is the time taken to obtain China Visa?

Ans– It takes anywhere between 4-5 business days to get a China Visa. In some cases, Consulate/Embassy officials may take additional time from a case to case basis; which is purely their discretion. This does not include the time taken for mail. You are advised to apply for your china Visa at-least a month in advance of your planned trip to China.

  1. Is there a faster(expedited) way to obtain a China Visa?

Ans– Yes, We do provide Rush service. Please do mention your requirement at the time of submission of your application to us.

  1. Do I need to appear in person to submit my Visa application to Embassy/Consulate of china?

Ans– No, You do not need to submit your application in person. Traversal Visa will submit your application on your behalf. In certain rare cases however, Consular officers from the embassy/consulate may ask you to appear for an interview.

  1. How many days I am allowed to stay in China in one trip?

Ans– On a short term single entry visa, maximum duration of stay in China is 3 months. However if you have a long term visa, you are allowed to stay for a maximum of only 2 months in each trip.

  1. Is it possible to extend my stay in China beyond the permissible duration?

Ans– Yes, only if you apply for an extension of Visa to the local public security authorities in China well in advance of your duration of stay expiry date.

  1. What is the validity period of my Visa?

Ans– Your visa is valid from the date of Issue as mentioned on the Visa sticker; and not from the date of entry into China.

  1. I have a new passport but still have a Valid China Visa on my old passport. Can I still travel to China with my new passport without applying for a new Visa?

Ans– Yes, you can travel to China with your visa in your old passport provided you carry your new passport also along. Also, this condition is only valid if your personal information on both your passports(old and new) is exactly the same.

  1. Do minor children(less than 18 years) need a Visa to go to China?

Ans– Every applicant, irrespective of age is required to obtain a Visa before    departure to China.

  1. I am not a US passport Holder, can I still apply for a China Visa in the US?

Ans– You can only apply for a China Visa from US if you a legal resident of US; US passport Holder, Green Card holder, Long term resident visa like L1. You are not allowed to apply for a China Visa in US if you visiting US on a short term visit(B1/B2).

  1. I have heard from some of my friends that they got a visa for a lesser duration than what they had applied for?

Ans– In most of the cases, visas are issued for the duration for what you have applied for. However, in certain cases the consular officials at their discretion may issue a visa for a shorter duration. This is however an exception rather than a rule.

  1. Is there a refund of visa fee if I decide to withdraw my application?

Ans– Visa Fee, if already paid to the Embassy/Consulate is not refundable. However, if you decide to withdraw your application before it is submitted to the Embassy/Consulate; you will get the refund of the full fees.  There is no refund if Embassy/Consulate has rejected your Visa application.

  1. What are the acceptable modes of payment acceptable by Traversal Visa?

Ans– At this point, you can make payment directly into our bank account through wire transfer, or you can pay by cash or money order. Personal checks and Company checks are not acceptable.  You can make one single(consolidated) payment if you are applying for more than one individual.

  1. Do I need a Travel Insurance while visiting China?

Ans– It is not mandatory to have Travel insurance while traveling to China. However, it is always advisable to obtain one to take care of any unforeseen medical expenses. Do mention your requirement at the time of your visa application. It doesn’t cost a fortune; but can definitely save a dent in your fortune.

  1. I had migrated to US from China many years ago and now have a US passport. Is there any additional documents that I need to provide to get a Visa to China.

Ans– Yes, for any applicant of China origin, there are some additional documentation required. Please read the document requirement carefully before starting your visa application.  You can always call or write to us if there is any clarifications needed regarding the requirements