Documents Required for Family Reunion Visa

  • Passport Requirements:

Original passport and one photocopy of personal information page, and copy of photo page if its separate (if not on data page). The passport must be signed and valid for 12 months beyond stay in China and with at least two blank passport pages available.

  • Chinese Visa Application Form:

One signed visa application form. With all the questions duly answered.Signature on the application form MUST match the signature on the passport.

  • Photo Requirements:

One recent 2 x 2 passport photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/white background.

  • For family reunion, the following documents are required:
  • An invitation letter issued by a Chinese citizen or a foreign citizen with a Chinese permanent residence permit who lives in China. The invitation letter should contain:
  • Information on the applicant (full name, gender, date of birth, etc.)
  • Information on the visit ( purpose of visit, intended arrival date, place(s) of intended residence, intended duration of residence, arrival and departure dates, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures)
  • Information on the inviting individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, signature of legal representative or the inviting individual, etc.)
  • Photocopy of Chinese ID of the inviting individual or foreign passport and permanent residence permit.
  • Original and photocopy of certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) showing the relationship of family members between applicant and inviting individual. (“Family members” refers to spouses, parents, sons, daughters, spouses of sons or daughters, brothers, sisters, grandparents, grandsons, granddaughters and parents-in-law.)
  • For foster care, the following documents are required:
  • Foster entrustment notarization issued by Chinese Embassies/Consulates General in foreign countries or Foster Care Power of Attorney notarized and authenticated in the country of residence or in China
  • Original and photocopy of the consignor’s passport(s), as well as the original and photocopy of certification (marriage certificate, birth certificate, certification of kinship issued by Public Security Bureau or notarized certification of kinship) notarized and authenticated certification showing the relationship between parents or guardians and children.
  • A letter of consent on foster care issued by the trustee living in China who has agreed to provide foster care services and a photocopy of the ID of the trustee.
  • A photocopy of the certificate indicating the permanent residence status abroad of the parent(s) when the child was born, provided that either or both parents of the child are Chinese citizens.
  • For Non-US Citizens- Proof of Legal Stay or residence status

Copy of your Green Card, or any Long Stay Visa, proof of residence, proof of employment in US, proof of student status.

  • Visa application of a Minor(Less than 18 years of age)
    • Copy of birth certificate
    • If travelling with one parent- Authorization letter for travel outside US from the other parent.
    • If NOT travelling with any parent- Copies of both Parent’s passports AND a letter of authorization signed by both the parents to authorize the kid to travel outside US.

Additional documentation for applicants of Chinese Origin:

  • Application form should be signed by one of the parents
  • If you are applying for a Chinese Visa for the first time, please provide your previous Chinese passport held and a copy of its data page.
  • If you have obtained a Chinese Visa before; please provide a copy of the previous Chinese Visa page
  • If you are now applying for Chinese Visa on a Renewed US(OR Foreign) passport; please still provide a copy of the previous Chinese Visa.
    • If your name of the current passport differs from the name on the previous passport; you MUST provide an official court order of name change.

Additional documentation if a MINOR is a Child born in US, to a Chinese parent.

  • Application form should be signed by one of the parents
  • Original Birth Certificate of the child, and a copy of the certificate.
  • Original AND a copy of both parents passports and proof of parents immigration status in the US(Green Card)
  • Invitation letter including all the details mentioned above.
  • Copy of the previous Chinese visa(if obtained earlier