- Applicant’s Original Passport with
- Validity having at least another 6 months beyond stay in India
- Having blank visa pages (at least 2 for visa stamp)
- Please ensure that you have your original signature on your passport.
- The Consulate will not accept any damaged, soiled or defaced passports
- Visa Application Form
Visit the Online Visa application form at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/info1.jsp with paying special attention to every guideline and details first. ONCE you complete filling the application form online, JUST PRINT the form. DO NOT make an appointment or payment at this stage. Keep the printed & duly signed form by the passport holder with an attached photo placed on the mentioned area.
The traveler must sign their own visa application form, and signatures on the application must match the signature in the applicant’s passport.
The Indian visa application form must be printed on TWO pages(NOT back to back printing), and signed on both pages; one below the photo on top right on the first page; and the other at the bottom of the second page.
- Passport Size Color Photograph of the applicant with dimensions having 2″ x 2″. Other photo requirements include;
- Photograph for Visa cannot be the same photograph that is already in your passport
- Recent Passport photo taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- 2 inches by 2 inches’ size
- Photographs NOT to be stapled and must NOT be adhesive taped
- Must be in color.
- NO Scanned / Color printed photograph
- Must be against white background
- Must show full face, front view
- Must be taken in normal street attire.
- Photograph has to be an original and printed on GLOSSY PHOTO PAPER ONLY
- Proof of Address : Proof of address MUST match with present address provided in the visa application.
- State Issued ID Card– Copy of your Driving License or your Residence Card, OR
- Copy of a recent Utility Bill– Electricity, GAS or Water. Should not be more than 3 months old, OR
- Valid Annual lease agreement signed by the landlord & the Tenant.
Additional address proof requirement for Non-Us Passport holders:
Non-US citizen need to provide copy of one of the following documents
- Permanent Resident card (Both Side).
- Employment authorization card or any other acceptable legal status in USA
Important Notes on Address Proof
- If proof of address is not in the applicant’s name then documents pertaining to establish proof of relationship (to the person in whose name address is) is required
- For Eg- If proof of address is in spouse’s name; please submit copy of Marriage Certificate.
- For Eg- If proof of address is in parents (or in your children’s) name; please submit Birth Certificate as a proof of relationship.
- Additional Particular Form
- Duly FILLED and SIGNED
- It is mandatory to answer all questions in YES or NO.
- Forms not filled completely or filled with N/A shall be considered incorrect and application will not be processed
- Business Invitation letters- From Company in India
Invite Letter from the Indian Company
A letter from the Inviting organization on company letterhead indicating the nature of applicant’s business, probable duration of stay, validity of visa applied for (1 year, 5 years or 10 years), places and organizations to be visited, as well as guarantee to meet maintenance expenses
Certificate of Incorporation of the Indian Company
Copy of Certification of Incorporation from the inviting company in India
- Letter from Company in USA
A letter from the organization in the U.S. on company letterhead indicating the nature of the applicant’s business, probable duration of stay, validity of visa applied for (1 year, 5 years or 10 years), places and organizations to be visited, and a guarantee to meet maintenance expenses. The letter must convey clearly the nature, scope and area of operation the parent company is involved in.
- Indian Origin Applicants– Please refer to the “Indian Origin Applicants” tab in the panel on the right. It’s very important that you have read and understand the renunciation (Surrender of Indian Citizenship) rules if you do not have your Renunciation Certificate already.