Documents Required for Tourist Visa

  1. Applicant’s Original Passport with
  • Validity having at least another 6 months beyond stay in India
  • Having blank pages (at least 2 for visa, and entry/exit stamps)
  • Please ensure that you have your original signature on your passport(on 3rd page for US passports).
  • The Consulate will not accept any damaged, soiled or defaced passports
  1. Visa Application Form

Visit the Online Visa application form at paying special attention to every guideline and details first. ONCE you complete filling the applicationform online, JUST PRINT the form. DO NOT make an appointment or payment at this stage.  Keep the printed & duly signed form by the passport holder with an attached photo placed on the mentioned area in the first page of the application.

The traveler must sign their own visa application form, and signatures on the application must match the signature in the applicant’s passport.

The Indian visa application form must be printed on TWO pages(NOT back to back printing), and signed on both pages; one below the photo on top right on the first page; and the other at the bottom of the second page.

  1. Passport Size Color Photograph of the applicant with dimensions having 2″ x 2″. Other photo requirements include;
  • Photograph for Visa cannot be the same photograph that is already in your passport
  • Recent Passport photo taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
  • 2 inches by 2 inches’ size
  • Photographs NOT to be stapled and must NOT be adhesive taped
  • Must be in color.
  • NO Scanned / Color printed photograph
  • Must be against white background
  • Must show full face, front view
  • Photograph has to be an original and printed on GLOSSY PHOTO PAPER ONLY
  1. Proof of Address : Proof of address MUST match with present address provided in the visa application.
    1. State Issued ID Card– Copy of your Driving License or your Residence Card, OR
    2. Copy of a recent Utility Bill– Electricity, GAS or Water. Should not be more than 3 months old, OR
    3. Copy of Valid/Current Annual lease agreement signed by the landlord and the tenant.

Additional address proof requirement for Non-US Passport holders:

Non-US passport holders need to provide copy of one of the following documents

  • Permanent Resident card (Both Side).
  • Employment authorization card or any other acceptable legal status in US.

Important Notes on Address Proof

  • If you are a Student of a College or a University; then ID Card issued by the Institution.
  • If proof of address is not in the applicant’s name then documents pertaining to establish proof of relationship(to the person in whose name address is) is required
    • For Eg- If proof of address is in spouse’s name; please submit copy of Marriage Certificate.
    • For Eg- If proof of address is in parents’(or in your children’s) name; please submit Birth Certificate as a proof of relationship.
  1. Additional Particular Form
  • Duly FILLED and SIGNED
  • It is mandatory to answer all questions in YES or NO.
  • Forms not filled completely or filled with N/A shall be considered incorrect and application will not be processed.
  1. Students, retired or Unemployed applicants MUST submit a recent three-month bank statement as evidence of sufficient funds.
  2. Indian Origin Applicants– Please refer to the “Indian Origin Applicants” tab in the panel on the right. It’s very important that you have read and understand the renunciation (Surrender of Indian Citizenship) rules if you do not have your Renunciation Certificate already.

Important information when Applying for Minor Applicants(less than 18 years of age)

Please Note additional information when applying for a Visa for a Minor

Online Visa Application form. Please read below for Signature instructions.

  • Thumb impression of the minor if less than 5 years of age in the box below the photograph on page 1. Signature of the minor if more than 5 years of age in the box below the photograph on page 1 of the application
  • If the impression or signature is OUTSIDE of the box on page 1, the application will be REJECTED.
  • Thumb impression of the minor if less than 5 years of age or Signature of the minor if more than 5 years of age on page 2 of the application.
  • BOTH parents OR Legal Guardian to SIGN 2nd page of application at the bottom of the page.
  • Second page of the application should be duly NOTARIZED.

Parental Authorization Form for Minors

  • This must have signature of BOTH the parents OR the Legal Guardian & NOTARIZED

Proof of Birth

  • Birth CertificateOR any other document in English from government of country of origin.

If parents have US passports, US Passport copies of BOTH the parents are required. Please ensure that the passport are signed for both the parents.

Or If parents have NON US passports, NON US Passport copies of BOTH the parents and Legal Status in US(Copy of Green Card or Long Term Visa).

If Parents Have Separated or Divorced; then a copy of the Court order clearly showing the custody of the minor; AND a No- Objection Letter from the other parent to allow the child to travel outside of United States.