- What is a Visa?
Ans- Visa is an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country.
- Why do I need a Visa to Travel to certain Countries?
Ans- Certain countries on the basis of bilateral agreement between the two governments require that a citizen of such countries obtain a visa to travel to either country.
- Do I need a passport to apply for a Visa?
Ans- YES, it is a MUST have document to obtain a Visa.
- Can I not just board a flight and obtain a visa on arrival at the airport in a foreign country?
Ans- NO. You need to obtain a Visa before boarding a flight from your country of origin.
- How long does it take to obtain a Visa?
Ans- Time taken to process a Visa application varies from destination to destination and takes anywhere between 3 to 15 business days. This duration may increase on a case to case basis and is at the discretion of the Embassy/Consulate.
- Can I obtain my visa in an expedited manner?
Ans- Yes you can. Please call us to arrange for your visa in an expedited manner.
- How does my Visa look like?
Ans- It looks like a sticker pasted on your passport with your personal information and with dates of entry and exit to/from your destination country.
- What if my Visa application gets rejected?
Ans- You can still apply again in the unfortunate event your visa application is rejected.
- Is there a refund of fees paid if my visa application is rejected?
Ans- No. The fees once paid to embassy/consulate are non- refundable irrespective of the decision of the embassy to approve or reject your application.
- What role does Traversal Visa play in my visa application process?
Ans- Traversal Visa is a Third Party Visa processing company which helps you in preparing your visa application and assisting you in getting all the necessary supporting documents and submitting the application at the embassy/consulate on your behalf. Granting the visa and the duration is the sole discretion of the consular official. We however try to ensure that you have all the necessary documentation in support of your application so that your application has negligible chances of rejection.
- Do I have to go for an interview at the Embassy/Consulate for obtaining a Visa?
Ans- Not as a rule, but as an exception the Consular officials may call you for a personal interaction at the embassy/consulate.
- What if I forget to exit the country I am planning to visit before my visa expires?
Ans- You cannot afford to miss the exit date. Missing the exit date from a country could lead to heavy fines or imprisonment, and will lead to a permanent ban to enter the country again in the future.
- Do I still need a Visa if I am travelling by Car to another country?
Ans- Yes, you will still need a visa if travelling in your own car.
- How do I obtain the currency of the country I am travelling to?
Ans- It is advisable to carry universally acceptable US dollars before leaving United States; which can be exchanged at the currency exchanges at the airport on arrival in a foreign country.
- Do I need to give biometrics?
Ans- Collection of biometrics(fingerprinting) is not mandatory as of now for certain countries. We will inform you in case your application needs you to provide your finger prints.
- Can I pay by cash?
Ans- YES you can, if you are submitting your application to us in person.
- Do I need to come in person to submit?
Ans- NO, you can send it to our office through Fedex or UPS.
- I am travelling by private plane, do I still need a visa?
Ans- YES, you will still need a Visa even if you are travelling on a private plane or a chartered flight.
- My children are travelling with me do they require a visa?
Ans- YES, all individuals now require a Visa irrespective of their age.
- I had a visa before, can you not use those details for a new visa?
Ans- No. Every Visa application is treated as a new instance by the embassy/consulate. Hence, it’s not possible to use the previously submitted details as in some cases some of the details might have changed over a period of time.
- Is there a guarantee that my visa will be approved?
Ans- No, there is no guarantee that your visa application will be approved. Granting the visa is the sole discretion of the consular official at the embassy. We strongly recommend not to fall prey to people/agencies claiming to guarantee a visa.
- I don’t want to provide my personal details,can I still obtain a visa?
Ans- No. Your personal details are a MUST for the Visa application to be processed. These personal details are printed on the Visa Sticker allowing you to enter a particular country.